Tanzania Industries Gateway
Apply for membership
Membership in sectors
News & Updates
Training Unit overview
SOFT AND TECHNICAL SKILLS GRADUATES
Back to course
Clearance Procedures at the Port (Inward)
1. TPA receives Cargo Manifest eletronically from Ships Agent.
2. C & F Agent Lodge Custom’s Release Order and Delivery Order at TPA’s Revenue Office.
3. C & F agent obtain control number
4. C & F agent pays relevant port charges to TPA’s Bank Account and obtain receipt for payment made.
5. C & F agent announces truck for delivery
6. Truck proceed to gate and driver produces valid driving licence and truck registration card to TPA’s gate attendants and obtain gate-in ticket
7. Truck proceeds to loading point and loads cargo.
8. TPA issues gatepass for loaded truck and truck proceeds to check point for inspection and other gate-out formalities.
9. Truck proceeds to exit gate, obtains gate-out ticket to exit port gate
• Cargo Manifest
• Release Order from Customs
• Delivery Order from Shipping line
• Invoice – Payment- Receipt
• Pre arrival declaration (PAD)
• Packing list
• Bill of Lading
• Duty/Tax Exemption Documents
• Import Permit
• Certificate of origin if required
Clearance Letter/Permit of the Imported Cargo
For Ports Charges, Refer Tariff Book
• 07 to 10 working days for Cargo Manifest processing
• 01 to 02 working days for Release order
• 01 to 02 working days for delivery order
• 05 to 20 minutes for payments at the bank
Officer in Charge
Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
For Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
For Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)