The Confederation of Tanzania Industries is a Business Membership Organisation that was launched in July 1991. It is an independent, self-financed, legally constituted organisation that serves its members by speaking out on their behalf and generally representing their interests.
Given the unfriendly business environment that existed in the early 1990s, CTI identified few key issues as its priority for advocacy. These included fiscal policy and taxation, the legal and regulatory framework, regional and multilateral trade arrangements, and infrastructure, mainly electricity, roads, railways and ports.
The main aim of CTI is to ensure that there is a conducive legal, financial and economic environment within which industry can operate effectively, prosper and contribute to national wealth and development. CTI has been very active in advocating for a conducive business environment for its members so that they can become competitive.
The leading representative of the manufacturing and service industries in Tanzania.
To advocate for a conducive business environment that will enhance the competitiveness of the manufacuring and service industries in Tanzania.
- Members first
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Dedicated and committed
- Innovative and creative
- To present the views of members and co-operate with the Government of the day, local authorities and other bodies essential to industry.
- To promote a competitive appropriately regulated business environment in Tanzania in which sustained development is possible.
- To collect, disseminate and make available statistics and other information on matters concerning or affecting industry.
- To act as a prime source of information about manufacturing and associated industries for its members, the Government, potential investors, the media and the public.
- To gather and maintain information from the members with regard to matters related to industry for subsequent translation into policies.
- To encourage and promote membership in CTI and ensure the organisation’s sustainability.